Friday, October 25, 2013

Fall in Love

Fall is officially here.  It's my favorite season. It's just beautiful to see colorful leaves almost everywhere.  I know people love to visit in the spring or summer (when it is a zillion humid degrees!) but fall is even better.  After a very sporadic start this year with some temperatures near 90* at the beginning of the month, fall has finally settled in.  I've had to put away my summer clothes and break out the fall/winter wardrobe.  

It's very chilly in the mornings and I am in love with my fleece-lined hoodie. My mom visited recently and we went for walks with Babyface and it was gorgeous out.  Last weekend we went to a toddler Halloween party in the park and it was hilarious to see the kids dressed up.  Babyface was a bumblebee. We didn't carve pumpkins but we do have some festive mini pumpkins that Babyface keeps trying to eat.

My mom, Babyface, and I also took a trip to the farm to pick apples.  We've eaten plenty and I'm going to make applesauce. I can hardly wait for the first fire of the season.  I love the way a wood burning fire smells.  

I've been trying out some new soup recipes in crock jr. Before long I'll have flannels on the bed.  They are so cozy I even have flannel crib sheets for Babyface too. And my collection of pashminas and cashmere wraps will soon come out of hibernation.

What is your favorite thing about fall? 

No comments: