Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Grandma's Old Fashioned Granola

My honorary grandma gave me this recipe and it's a breeze to make. I make it with whatever I have on hand so it's different every time. So far it's always turned out well.

Grandma's Old Fashioned Granola Ingredients:
2-3 cups old fashioned oats
2-3 cups of any or all of the following: soy flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, rolled wheat flakes, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, shredded coconut, powdered milk, unsalted almonds or walnuts or pecans, or whatever else you like
1/4 cup veggie oil or 1 stick butter
1/4-1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
Raisins (optional)

Melt the oil or butter, honey, water, and vanilla in a large pan.  Add dry ingredients, mix well.  Bake on a cookie sheet at 200*, stirring every 20 minutes, until golden brown. As you can see, I lined my pan with parchment paper.  The granola doesn't stick to it and I don't have to wash the pan.
Granola with fruit and yogurt

Grandma's Old Fashioned Granola
I made granola for Babyface yesterday and my dry ingredients were: oats, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, powdered milk, a little nutritional yeast, whey protein powder, and powdered milk.  It smelled amazing and was very tasty. After it cools, I stirred in some raisins. I keep it in the fridge. He loves it with Greek yogurt and berries.  So do I.


No comments: