Saturday, October 5, 2013

Chicken Salad Salad

Since it's nearly 90*, I had to shelve the soups for a bit and make a summery salad.  I had leftover chicken from some homestyle roasted chicken so I decided to make some chicken salad for the following day's lunch. I had it on greens and it was delicious. 

Chicken Salad Ingredients:
Chopped leftover chicken
A little light mayo (go very lightly, you don't want it to be gloppy)
Chopped celery
Chopped onion (frozen is fine)
Garlic salt
Pepper

Chicken Salad Salad Ingredients:
Chicken salad
Grapes
Diced apple
Grape tomatoes
Sliced almonds
Mixed greens (I like the kind with veggies) 
Balsamic vinaigrette  
 
Chicken Salad Salad
Put the greens, grapes, apples, grape tomatoes, almonds and balsamic vinaigrette into a big colander and mix well with a pair of tongs.  Then add the chicken salad and give it one stir with the tongs.  I really like fruit and nuts in salads.  It is great!  

No comments: