Thursday, April 18, 2013

Healthy Cookies

Recently, StumbleUpon sent me a link to 34 Insanely Simple Two Ingredient Recipes.  I already knew some of them but when I saw the recipe for 2 Ingredient Cookies, I thought my eyes were deceiving me.  How could these possibly be good?

Oh, but they are.  I'm not one to leave the yummy out of cookies, so I had to include walnuts and chocolate chips.  I halved the original recipe so that I could eat them while they were fresh.  I made these yesterday and the day before and both batches were good.  

Healthy Cookies Ingredients:
1 med/large banana, brown is fine
1/2c old fashioned oats
1 scant T chocolate chips
8 walnut halves, broken

First, mush up the banana with a fork.


Stir in oats, then chocolate chips and walnuts.

The crispy parts are the tastiest, so the smaller you can make these, the better, so there's more crispy parts.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.  They look about the same coming out of the oven as going in, but the bottoms get the aforementioned crispy goodness and the mushiness becomes more solid.

I ate most of them last night and then had a few for breakfast.  They were okay today but definitely better last night.

The consistency of these is pretty close to that of a cookie though it's much less sweet.  These could also very easily be made vegan by using dairy-free chocolate chips or leaving them out altogether and putting in raisins or currants.  While I enjoyed them, My Heart's Desire was not fooled by the lack of eggs, butter, sugar, flour and didn't try any.

I would make these for Babyface (leaving out the chocolate chips) and myself  if we were going somewhere that I needed yummy snacks that would be good at any temperature.

No comments: