Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or, Why I'm Never Getting All That Glitter Off of the Dog


The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or, Why I'm Never Getting All That Glitter Off of the Dog is certain to make you laugh out loud at least once.

Untidy and un-crafty Lancaster spends a year trying to emulate Martha Stewart in a suburban home run amok by cats and pit bulls.  Lancaster tackles holidays, knitting, organizing, cleaning, cooking, gardening, entertaining and more and finds some things life changers (slow cooker!) and others not so much.  Gold spray painted pumpkins aren't my thing but now I want to have an alphabetized spice rack.

Jen Lancaster writes amusing nonfiction though some books are better than others.  This one is almost as good as her first, Bitter is the New Black.  If you're traveling over the holidays and need something entertaining, this is a good choice.

No comments: