Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bargain Day: Mini Muffin Tins

Can you tell that I've been on a muffin kick lately?  I've been keeping an eye out for a mini-muffin tin.  Unwilling to pay even close to retail, I searched my favorite thrift store and several garage sales for a few months with no luck.


Until I stumbled upon a Memorial Day sale at the Habitat for Humanity Restore and found a pair of mini-muffin tins marked at $1.50 each.  As part of their holiday sale, they were 50% off at $.75 each.  So I bought the pair for $1.59.  It would have been a bargain at twice the price.

When I got them home, I scrubbed them and then let them sit overnight in a sink full of water with a dryer sheet (an easy way to get grime off pots and pans).  In the morning, I ran them through the dishwasher and voila!, they were clean!

In addition to Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins and Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Protein MuffinsI also make mean Banana Nut Muffins.  Since I have a bunch of rapidly browning bananas, I'll make some soon and share the recipe.  

No comments: