Sunday, June 30, 2013

10 Years Ago This Month


Ten years ago this month, I moved from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C.,  to attend graduate school.  It was like moving to a foreign country where they happened to speak English and use the same money.  A decade later, I thought I had assimilated to the East Coast.  After all, I have a graduate degree, talk fast, and rarely wear flip-flops anymore.  Earlier this week my husband mentioned someone named Cal.  All I could hear in my head was the jingle “Go See Cal” of car salesman Cal Worthington.  

2 comments:

SEK Inspirations said...

Hahaha I totally remember Cal Worthington and his dog Spot! For awhile I thought (remind you I was a kid) that they were saying "Pussy Cow." Yeah, doesn't make sense.

Amina Hafiz Sarraf said...

I went to California a few years ago and saw some of Cal's commercials and couldn't believe he was alive! He was old when I was very young.