Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins

My sister gave me this recipe and it is really good! I liked it so much I doubled it and made pumpkin oatmeal bread too.  The muffins also freeze beautifully. 
Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins

I also made orange cream cheese to go with them since we were having company. That's right, sometimes I'm fancy. Mix 2T of orange juice concentrate with a half package of cream cheese and a little powdered sugar, then mix with hand blender until fluffy.  It's best to make the cream cheese the day before.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup quick oats (I used old-fashioned)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins (I left out, I don't like raisins in food)
1/2 cup walnuts
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 cup solid-pack canned pumpkin

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl; then stir in oats, brown sugar, nuts and raisins.

In a medium bowl, combine egg, oil, milk and pumpkin, blending well.

Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until just moist. Fill muffin tins with batter and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly touched.

No comments: