Thursday, May 30, 2013

I picked up Lisa Zeidner's Love Bomb at the library.  It was in the fiction new releases section and Babyface was fussing so I picked it up and hoped for the best. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was.  It was three parts relationship examination, one part wedding, and one part twisted.  I didn't love the beginning, particularly the bulleted paragraphs, but once I read a little further I got into it.

The novel takes place at a wedding in suburban New Jersey.  The bride and groom are known for being arty types so it takes the guests a while to realize that they are actually being held hostage.  The novel explores the connections between the guests, particularly the marriages of family members.   I liked it and found the ending to be a surprise.

No comments: