Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Waffles With Granola

It's been really hot here lately so I try to do baking and other hot things in the kitchen on cooler days.  Today I broke out the George Foreman and made waffles for Babyface.

I intended to make the usual Pumpkin Spice Waffles but when I opened the fridge to get the eggs, I saw a bag of homemade granola.  Yes, sometimes I make homemade granola.  So instead of adding oatmeal, I put in roughly the same amount of granola. It didn't make them terrifically crunchy or dry, it gave the waffles the right consistency with some added nuts for protein.

This batch made slightly fewer waffles, I'm sure because I just roughly measure when I pour in the batter. When they were all made (to Babyface's delight, he had a wobble for lunch), I layered them on a cookie sheet with parchment between the layers.  When they were mostly frozen (and when I wanted the tray to make some Healthy Cookies) I put them in a big Ziploc bag and they don't get all stuck together.
.

No comments: