Monday, May 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Muffin Fail

Before my last family trip, my mom baked homemade mini-muffins and sent them overnight so we could have healthy snacks.  She made carrot spinach and peanut butter muffins.  They were great!  I really liked the PB muffins and so did Babyface.  In addition to loads of peanut butter, my mom also put in protein powder.   The muffins were great to eat when very hungry and surrounded by deep fryers. Babyface ate some in his carseat and they were not terrifically messy.

I asked my mom for the recipe but she couldn't find it (likely story).  So I looked online for a recipe and thought I'd try my hand at making some.  I put in about 50% more peanut butter than the recipe called for, half the sugar, and added currants for moistness.  I will spare you my recipe.  They turned out to be super dry.

I could barely eat one with an entire glass of milk. My Heart's Desire took one bite and I immediately saw his facial expression that means oh-this-is-no-good-but-I-can't-say-anything-because-Amina-made-this.  I let him off the hook and told him I knew they were way too dry. Like the Sahara. Babyface had no such qualms and has been enjoying them ever since.  I'm keeping my eye out for a different recipe that could be good for everyone.

No comments: