Saturday, May 1, 2010

2010 Goals: April Progress

I set specific 2010 goals so here's an update on my April progress.

1. I read 5 books this month, raising my yearly total to 33. As usual, I did not finish a lot of books I started. I'm also almost done listen to a book on CD.

2. I met with my writing group for dinner and a reading by a former professor. The dinner was good, the reading was great. I bought the book (I just remembered) and started it. Goal: Achieved.

3. Submit... This I still have not done yet. May, I've got my eye on you for submissions!

4. Blog regularly — I am on it. This is my 75th post of the year, so I am on track for 200 blog posts this year.

5. Participate in two races. I had a lot of fun at the Earth Day 5K. Another part of my goal was to raise money for a worthy cause. I put together Furiously Walking, a walking team to participate in the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure® in the 5K walk on June 5, at the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure!

6. I ate vegetarian meals 90% of the time - meeting my goal. Yay! In March I did not feel good after eating all that meat. So I made sure to have vegetarian meals and snacks on hand. Though pad thai and chicken panang have long been my go-to takeout (and out to lunch) staples, I am now hooked on the spicy eggplant (I had it for the first time in February). I don't know how they prepare it, but it is good every time and I find myself craving it.

7. This month I tried a new restaurant and ordered some hippie stuff from Etsy. I also bought new running shoes at a running store I had never been to before (recommended by an acquaintance). It was ladies' night (unbeknownst to me until I showed up) so there were snacks, extra staff, giveaways (bags, pens, headbands) and 10-min massages. My feet and I left happy.

8. Seeing friends. This month I saw friends a lot! I exceeded my goal of seeing friends at least once a week. In April I met friends for brunch and lunch a few times, enjoyed an anniversary dinner, went for a walk/jog, and for a mani-pedi. It was great to catch up with old friends and get to know new ones.

9. My Heart's Desire and I had fun this month. April Fool's Day is our wedding anniversary and we went out for a fancy dinner that night. Later in the month we had heavenly relaxing massages, which were very relaxing. We also went to the movies and saw Hot Tub Time Machine (exactly what you'd expect) and City Island (a dramedy of the best kind). You can figure out who picked each movie.

10. Photo taken of My Heart's Desire and I? Nope.

No comments: