Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring Frittata

Yesterday I was in the mood for a frittata, and made one based on Mark Bittman’s recipe. I had never made a frittata before and was impressed with how good it was. And how easy it was to make! My Heart’s Desire enjoyed it too. This is sure to be a spring and summer standard.

Spring Frittata
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp diced garlic
½+ cup frozen chopped onion
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and roughly chopped
1 can artichoke bottoms, rinsed and roughly chopped
½ bag dried chanterelle mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
4 eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan

1. Heat oil, then add garlic and onions until it smells really good. Then add the asparagus, artichoke, and mushrooms. Cook until the asparagus is mostly done. Then toss in the tarragon.
2. Turn the heat down to low. Beat the eggs and mix in the Parmesan. Pour the egg mix over the vegetables. Then leave it alone for at least 10 mins, or longer, until the eggs aren’t runny anymore.
3. Put the pan (check first to make sure it’s oven safe) in a 350* oven for 4 mins.

My Heart’s Desire had some frittata with a grilled cheese sandwich. I heated up some soup but the frittata was so good I didn’t want it. I just had the frittata with an orange.

Serve two hungry people with a side salad.

No comments: