Friday, May 28, 2010

How Green Is My Monster?

Since March I have been hooked on Green Monsters! I drink one for breakfast almost every day. I know it's hard to believe because it's so bright green, but the banana overwhelms the spinach taste. It's really a banana smoothie with greens. The frozen bananas give it the right consistency.
Green Monster Smothie

Green Monster
1+ cup plain, light soymilk
1.5 measuring cup stuffed with spinach
1 frozen banana, cut in quarters

Blend soymilk and spinach together. Add in the frozen banana. Drink while it's cold.

Another option is to sub out some of the plain, light soymilk with light chocolate soymilk. I did this once when I was out of plain, light soymilk and the results were delicious.

UPDATE: I now use plain, unsweetened almond milk.  Yum!

No comments: