Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Swept Off My Feet

I have been going for lots of walks this yearwalks to the park, walks with the stroller and Babyface, walks for fun, walks with friends, walks on the treadmill in bad weather.  Which was great.  Until I hurt my feet.  To make a long story end, I'm not allowed to go for walks for the time being.  

I don't want to be derailed from regular exercise as I have been in the habit of working out 5-6 times weekly.  I learned from my January goal that it's motivating to see all those days crossed off and have continued crossing out the days I exercise.

So I came up with a new routine that involves swimming laps and biking.  I perused the aisles of one of my favorite stores, Craigslist, until I found this beauty.

My Heart's Desire carried it down three flights of stairs from the previous owner.  I got it cheap for $40.  It's definitely not as fun as going for walks and the scenery is tedious, but on the plus side I can read informative periodicals with important current events and news (US Weekly).  

No comments: