Sunday, February 3, 2013

January Update and February Goal

January came and went, with plenty of X's marking the calendar for my workouts.  I worked out 27 times in 31 days. One day I was too sick (hence the S) and the other three days I just didn't.  So I didn't meet my January goal perfectly but I certainly was consistent!   I noticed that I felt better physically and slept better.  There is satisfaction in seeing those rows of X's and marking off every one.  I also noticed the pattern, that Saturdays and Sundays are the hardest days for me to lace up my new sneakers.  It motivated me to make it easier for myself on those days by having my workout clothes ready to go and a trashy magazine to read as a reward.  

My goal for February is going to continue with the don't break the chain technique.  What I'm focusing on is prayer.  I mean to pray, I like to pray, I know prayer is important, but that doesn't always translate into me actually praying.  My February goal is to pray every day.  It can be informal, I just need to do it. 

No comments: