Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls

When I saw David Sedaris had a new book coming out, I was reluctant to buy it after my experience with one of his previous books, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk.

I waited patiently for my library copy of his latest book, Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls.  This work includes stories and personal essays from childhood to present day, varying greatly in tone. And I was not disappointed.  Not only did I laugh out loud while alone like a nutter, I did it several times.

Why did I like this book so much?  I'll let it speak for itself.  Here is the advice he would like to give parents of crying, screaming toddlers:

"I'm not a parent myself but I think the best solution at this point is to slap that child across the face.  It won't stop crying, but at least now it'll be doing it for a good reason."

Get on the list for this book at your library.  It's worth the wait.

No comments: