Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2010 Goals: May Progress

I set specific 2010 goals so here's an update on my May progress.

Read/Write/Blog
1. I read 7 books this month, raising my yearly total to 40. Summer is here and I'm planning on spending some quality time on my deck with good books and tall glasses of iced tea.

2. I didn't meet with my writing group this month. We have met three times this year so far, which is great! Goal: Achieved.

3. Submit... Ugh. I actually went into my submissions spreadsheet and found that the things I submitted last year are not on it, so I need to figure out if I just forgot or have another version somewhere.

4. Yes, I have been blogging regularly. This is my 91st post of the year, so I am ahead of schedule for 200 blog posts this year.

Healthy
5. Participate in two races. I participated in a second race, Girls on the Run 5K. It was super fun. I came in a little faster than the Earth Day 5K and received a finisher's medal! Part of my goal was to raise money for a worthy cause. I put together Furiously Walking, a walking team to participate in the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure® in the 5K walk on June 5, at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. and have met my goal of raising $500! Thank you to all who helped make a difference!

6. I exceeded my goal of eating vegetarian meals 90% of the time by eating veggie 97% of the time. I found that being prepared was really helpful. And the grocery store had my favorite Amy's paneer meals on sale, which made for easy work lunches. I tried some new dishes as well. Oven-baked fries were a big hit and I've made them several times. The recipe is really easy, though I add 10 mins to each side and double the garlic. Healthier than restaurant fries and really tasty. Cut into smaller squares with onions and fresh chives, they double as my brunch potatoes. I've been on a frittata kick as well, the spring and the Greek have made several visits to my table.

I also made Jamaican style Black Bean and Coconut Cornbread Bake (from Vegetarian Times) and it was so spicy that even sour cream and shredded cheese couldn't cool it down. My Heart's Desire was braver than me, he had it for dinner, while I gave up and made a PB&J.

Fun & Friends
7. This month I tried a couple of new restaurants – once with My Heart's Desire and twice with some friends. We went out to a fancy dinner that was expensive but not our favorite.

8. Seeing friends. This month I saw friends more than once a week. This month I met friends for a mani-pedi, brunch, lunch, dinner, entertained at my house, and saw My Heart's Desire's favorite lounge singer. Now that the weather's nice it's fun to be outside more.

9. My Heart's Desire and I had fun this month. We went to a butterfly exhibit at a living museum on opening day that was interactive and a new experience for both of us. We also went to the movies and saw Date Night. It was just okay.

10. Photo taken of My Heart's Desire and I? Sigh.

No comments: