Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CSA Box = Good Eats

Been wondering what comes in my CSA box? Well, wonder no more! My Heart's Desire and I get a half share. We paid for it up front, so each week costs around $14.

Pictured is this week's bounty: peaches, cucumbers (regular and kirby), corn (picked that morning!), potatoes, tomatoes, and blueberries.

One of my favorite things about my CSA is that every week there are choices. First, I fill up a basket with veggies (so I can skip the things we won't eat), then pick a salad-y veggie (salad lettuces, spinach, scallions, cabbage), and finish off with a berry (right now the choices are strawberries, blackberries, or blueberries).

Tonight I made an appetizer with tomato slices, chopped basil from our front window, mozzarella cheese, drizzled the whole thing with balsamic vinegar and topped it off with freshly ground sea salt. My Heart's Desire grilled burgers (veggie for me) with corn on the cob (boiled, then grilled with butter and herbs), and asparagus. I roasted the potatoes and it was all delish.

No comments: