Monday, September 16, 2013

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

  1.  I like Post-Its.  If I write something down, I won't forget. This leads to Post-Its everywhere.  My Heart's Desire has a hard time reading my writing, so he'll ask me things like, "Why is sweat on the grocery list?" It was sweet, as in potatoes.  I knew what it meant.
  2. My slow cooker obsession has been going on for almost two years now. I'm more evangelical about it than ever!
  3. I almost always sit cross-legged. 
  4. When I don't want to exercise, I tell myself that I only have to do it for 10 minutes.  It works.  Plus, I can read trashy magazines on the bike or treadmill.
  5. I don't like cilantro.  In anything.  Ever.
  6. The Princess Bride is my favorite movie of all time.  I remember seeing it in the theater when it came out with my childhood friend Michele.  I own it on DVD. My wedding ceremony started with the phrase, "Marriage is what brings us together today."
  7. I watch TV with the closed captions on.  I love it.  Particularly when I'm watching something with a chatty person who lives in my house.  That way I don't miss anything. 
  8. When I'm faced with something challenging, I worry and dread it so much that the actual experience seems fine compared to my bottom of the barrel expectations. 
  9. I love, love, love having Babyface's picture taken professionally. He gets his picture taken at least six times a year, every month during his first year.  We get family photos taken once a year. 
  10. I read fast.  Really, very fast.  Especially if what I'm reading is good.  I can finish reading in a book in a day or two.  Now that I have a Kindle, I rarely need to check luggage.

No comments: