Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ho-ho-no

I had a few things to buy at Costco (baby wipes, cashews, hummus) when I stumbled across a display of Christmas items including wreaths, ornaments, and wrapping paper.  In early September.  I was prepared for Halloween merchandise and was thisclose to buying another costume for Babyface.  He already has a great Superman costume, complete with cape.
Anyway, I did not expect to see winter holiday items out so soon.  Christmas creep moves the Christmas up so early that the fun and family holidays, Halloween and Thanksgiving, respectively, are edged out and Santa's shadow looms over both.  Don't get me wrong, I do like the winter holidays and particularly holiday music probably more than the next person, but I don't want to see wreaths when we're still eating watermelon.

No comments: