Sunday, October 7, 2012

2012 Goals: Fourth Quarter

My plan for goals 2012 was to have quarterly goals.  I had first quarter goals and second quarter goals but for the third quarter I was goal-less.  I don't want to end the year with a whimper so I'm coming up with some fourth quarter goals.  It's somewhat daunting to consider adding more things to my things to do list but I've also been in a bit of a rut. These are also goals I think I can achieve before the last day of the year.

Here are my goals for October—December:

Writing
1) Participate in my writer's group.  The last time we had a meeting on the books I had to reschedule it.  We have one scheduled now and I am going to show up with bells on. We have been meeting since the first summer after graduate school, that's eight years now.

Healthy
2) My trainer has strongly suggested that I track my food and workouts in an online tracker.  My goals is to do it at least five times a week. She always says the only way to change something is first to bring your attention to it.

Romance
3) My Heart's Desire and I will go on dates at least once a month.  It takes some doing and scheduling to make happen but it can be done.  We went to a lovely wedding in September and it was nice to get dressed up and celebrate love.  Oh, and be a little silly.

Community Service
4) Usually My Heart's Desire and I participate in sorting food for my church's Thanksgiving food drive providing meals for hungry families.  I'm not sure we can work it out this year but I do want our family to be of service somehow.

Parenting
5) I'm continuing to take the parenting classes with Babyface at the hippie school.  Some of the other babies and moms have been in the class since last fall and it's really wonderful to see how they change and grow.  I've also bought several books at our teacher's recommendations.  Now, I want to actually read at least two of them.

2 comments:

M Sanders said...

These sound like great goals - best of luck with them!

Amina Hafiz Sarraf said...

Thank you, I'll take all the luck I can get! I just finished reading a mothering book, will post soon.