Saturday, October 20, 2012

2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants

I wish you could smell the sweet, bready, chocolatey goodness that wafts from my kitchen.  Oh, it's amazing.  I made this batch this chilly autumn morning for another family and they were in for a delicious breakfast.  I intentionally didn't make any for My Heart's Desire or me, a decision that has proven unpopular. 
Chocolate Croissants are a great addition to brunch and a yummy holiday breakfast. I made them one Christmas morning and there were a big hit.
They are so easy and fast to make.  It only takes 16 minutes total and 13 of those minutes are baking.  However, they aren't as good as leftovers.  Okay, without further ado.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls (8 rolls)
Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  While the oven is heating, unroll crescent rolls into 8 triangles (this is how they come).

Sprinkle the dough liberally with chocolate chips and roll up. Bring the edges around to the front.  Put them on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment if you have it, or greased if you don't.

Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown.  Accept compliments.

No comments: