Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby, it's cold outside

One of my first quarter goals is to workout 20 times a month.  I keep track on a spreadsheet and am doing well so far. The best time for me to workout is in the morning, when Babyface is still sleeping.  However, not only is it dark outside (we're talking an hour and a half before sunrise), it's also cold.  Despite the mild winter we've been having, it's still way too cold to go out in the early am darkness.  So I've been doing DVDs, Yoga, and using the treadmill. 

I'm considering psyching myself up to train for a 5K in the spring, though am so slow right now I really might beat my personal slowest time of coming in second to last.  I'm also trying to remind myself that though I prefer to workout in the morning, I really can do it anytime.  Last night I laced up my sneakers and went for an evening walk.  It wasn't great, but it was something. 

1 comment:

Carol said...

You can do it, I know you can! Just keep at it. I'm so glad you went back to blogging :0