Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beach Books

Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Jane Gilman. I bought this because I love her previous book Kiss My Tiara, which I get a big kick out of (and even gave a copy to a friend in January). But Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven was simply awful. 24/100

Pieces of Happily Ever After by Irene Zutell is a fluffy book with LA drama and a few laughs. 25/100

Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan tries a little hard, even the stock characters have quirks reminiscent of Ally McBeal, but it was better than staring at the back of the seat in front of me. 26/100

The Monk Downstairs by Tim Farrington was perfect for the beach. A single mom with a precious young daughter (naturally) rents out her basement apartment to a former Monk and of course complications ensue. 27/100


Moloka'i by Alan Brennert was awesome. This book starts in the 1890's and follows 7-year-old Rachel from her family to a quarantined settlement the island of Moloka'i. Well-written and interesting, it took a little while to connect to the story but it ended up being better than I expected. Enjoy this book with a cold beverage (orchid optional). 28/100

No comments: