Sunday, April 11, 2010

2010 Goals: March Progress

I set specific 2010 goals so here's an update on March progress.

1. I read 6 books this month, raising my yearly total to 28. I thought I would read more in March but I ended up not finishing a lot of books. I used to finish every book I started, but now I just give it a chance (a few chapters) then I can abandon it.

2. I met with one member of my writing group (the other member was still away at the retreat) and workshopped his story. We have plans for an April meeting.

3. Submit... This I still have not done yet.

4. Blog regularly — this I am doing. This is my 61th post of the year, which means I am on track for 200 blog posts this year. After I got back from Hawaii I slacked a little bit on posting.

5. Spring is in the air! And I'm ready to lace up my sneakers and walk, jog, and run! I've been training for the upcoming Earth Day 5K with several short walks and one long walk per week. Now that it's nice out, I really enjoy exercising outside.

6. This month I ate more meat than I have in a long time. Mostly because it was easy or I was starving. Also most of the meat-y meals I had were not very healthy and I didn't feel good after eating them. I am now trying to be prepared for such occasions by having easy/fast veggie meals ready in the freezer.

7. & 9. This month I did some new things with My Heart's Desire in Hawaii. We rented a Jeep Wrangler (fun!) and went up to Haleakala National Park, where we hiked and admired the views from the volcano, drove to Iao Valley State Park and enjoyed. We took hundreds of photos on our trip.

8. Seeing friends. This month I caught up with a friend over a mani-pedi, celebrated My Heart's Desire's birthday and his friend's birthday with a nice dinner, met up with pals for cupcakes, had lunch with a friend, had a pre-wedding extremely fancy mani-pedi with the bride the day before the wedding (my nails never looked better), witnessed the wedding, and enjoyed a luau with the bride, groom, and their families and friends. I exceeded my goal of seeing friends at least once a week.

10. Photo taken of My Heart's Desire and I did not happen. We had the opportunity in Maui but didn't take it.

No comments: