Monday, April 28, 2008

Writing Group

I met with my writing group tonight and it was awesome, as usual. My writing group is a gang of three and we've been meeting regularly since 2004. We've read each other's fiction, poetry, experimental works, and novels. Sometimes we use a text, other times we take field trips or take our favorite writing teachers to dinner. I really like the exercises and we're a very encouraging group. Once we met in Dupont Circle and followed a guy around for about an hour, making up his story and what he was doing there. We also often bring book recommendations. It's a do-it-yourself class.

Tonight, we each brought our homework and read and gave each other notes. Last month's assignment was to write a story titled "How to Beat the Winter Blues" and we each had something totally different. My story still needs some work though.

No comments: