Thursday, April 17, 2008

The blog show

Hello there, blog readers. I am a fiction, nonfiction, and poetry writer and I am currently working on all of the above. I also take photos sometimes and will post some of my favorites. I am taking baby steps to live my dream. Right now I'm trying to figure out ways to consistently carve out time for writing and editing. Like a lot of other people, I have a day job and try desperately to fit in time to write creatively. I write a lot for work. Earlier this year, my writer's group re-convened and we meet monthly, giving each other assignments and readings, sort of a do-it-yourself class. But with gossip and good snacks. It's very motivating and this month I sent out a few poems to half a dozen periodicals. All they can say is no, right?

No comments: