Friday, February 7, 2014

And now, a published essay

In 2013 I did a lot of writing, mostly nonfiction short pieces and a few poems.  More importantly, I went on a submissions tear. I average a lot of rejections before I get any acceptances.  So every rejection just gets me that much closer to an acceptance. I average about 50 rejections for every acceptance.

And so the rejections came in, as I expected.  I felt rusty because it has been years since I did any serious submitting.  Imagine my surprise when an essay that I wrote about living in Los Angeles was accepted by Marco Polo, an online literary and arts magazine. It was published yesterday.

Read my essay here: Around in Circles

2 comments:

Carol said...

I absolutely love this article it speaks straight to my heart. Kudos for getting published, I admire your persistence.

Amina Hafiz Sarraf said...

Thank you, Carol. It made my day to hear that!