Monday, December 6, 2010

When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair

I came across Geneen Roth's When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous, and Happy (When You Feel Anything But) at the library used bookstore and the price was right ($2) so I bought it. I hadn't read this book in a few years and liked it as much as I remembered.

The title refers to the suggestion of always sitting down while eating (though Roth does not encourage eating at the fridge), and eating alone the way that you would eat with someone else. And that reminded me of my personal rule not to eat anything (hot pockets, mac and cheese, ramen) at home that I wouldn't order in a restaurant. This book also contains good information about meditation and treating the self kindly, which I can always use. 86/10

No comments: