Friday, December 3, 2010

I Give Thanks For Sneakers

Turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie get a lot of press around the holidays.  But the real unsung hero of Thanksgiving is butter.  Lots and lots of butter.  Butter makes the turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and almost everything else on the table delicious.  And My Heart's Desire's family does not skimp on the buttery goodness.

On Thanksgiving Eve, I checked the weather report and did some searching to see if I could fine a race within a reasonable distance.  If I say: I'm going to workout, I might.  If I plan on going and pay good money, I will definitely workout.  I found a 5K a few towns over, set my alarm, and trusted the GPS to get me there.  I was slow but steady and finished the race. 

For the past month or so, I've been sporadic with exercising, but I don't fool around when it comes to the holidays.  I feel so much better when I workout, especially when it's treat season.  I laced up and walked the following three days as well.  I kept up the momentum and have worked out the past four days this week.  Feels good to be in an active groove. 

I'm setting a workout goal for December: 26 workouts!  I'm confident this is doable. Yoga, walking, swimming, workout DVDs - I'm planning on having an active month.

No comments: