Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Love Leisurely Weekend Breakfast

This morning I made french toast with Trader Joe's wheat bread (lightly toasted first so it doesn't get soggy). Then I covered some banana slices with cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cooked in the George Foreman grill. They pretty much fell apart.

Then I made french toast with the same ingredients, and added an egg and some egg whites. I cooked the toast in the George Foreman but I was using the wrong plate (should have used the griddle plate) so after a few minutes My Heart's Desire just cooked the french toast in a pan on the stove. I topped with the smushy bananas and some chopped pecans, with maple syrup on the side for dipping.

My Heart's Desire made fried eggs and toast for himself, and some veggie sausages for us to share. It was fabulous!

No comments: