Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today I woke up when the Pepco guy called at 7:40am to say he was on his way, 20 minutes later My Heart's Desire and I learned the 19-year-old furnace is too old to get a programmable thermostat (and subsequent Pepco discount), got back in bed and read book for an hour, went to the gym and walk/jog/walked 3+ miles, bought apples and fresh bread at the farmer's market, picked up books on hold at the library, came home, took a quick shower and put on my velour lounge outfit, made brunch (fruit salad and pancakes) for a friend, chatted her up in front of the fire My Heart's Desire made, worked for a little bit, hung out in front of the fire (I'm loving it!) listened to holiday music, had a nice, long chat with a healthy friend, watched last week's CSI, thawed some homemade marinara (Bronx recipe), and am going to a holiday party for My Heart's Desire's friend.

No comments: