Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Greatest Hits

Books
In Defense of Food
by Michael Pollan

There were a lot of food-related books and movies that came out this year and In Defense of Food definitely changed the way I think, shop, and eat. Other books were interesting but this one really brought it home for me.

The Help
by Kathryn Stockett
Hands-down, the best novel I've read in ages. I listened to it on CD from the library, and hearing this book (the accents, the voices) added to my enjoyment.



L'Amour
More of my girlfriends got engaged this year (including my BFF) and I hear wedding bells for 2010.

Oh, Baby!

My Heart's Desire's best friend's wife had twins in the fall - one boy, one girl. I had never met anyone on their birth day before, and I got to hold them and adore them mere hours after they came into the world.

Healthy Days
One of my healthy and fit girlfriends and I committed to being each other's virtual weight loss pals. We connect with each other regularly and provide support. It's made a huge difference for me and helped me lose weight.

Family Traditions
Creating traditions with My Heart's Desire. This summer we held our 3rd annual July 4th BBQ with plenty of food and fun for all. It's such a fun holiday!

Guilty Pleasure
Reading trashy magazines. Maybe I even subscribe to one.

Used Bookstore
Albuquerque Public Library Book Sale. This used book sale has bargains aplenty and books I actually want to read. I picked up several review copies of books for $2 and $3.

Local Getaway/Family Visit
Trip to New York, stayed with My Heart's Desire's cousin and her boyfriend at their lovely place in Brooklyn. I took the train up for a bridal shower in New Jersey, walked around NYC, hit Strand Books, ate yummy Thai food and hung out with family.

Show
In Las Vegas with my family, we saw the Cirque du Soliel show Love. It was amazing - so many things happening on stage at the same time I didn't know where to look.

Bed & Breakfast
The Fleur-de-Lys Mansion in St. Louis, Missouri. The baked eggs were so good! And I've made the proprietor's pumpkin bread (the orange cream cheese makes it special) and it disappears fast.

No comments: