Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Worst Book I Ever Read

I read a lot of books and when I don't care for a book, I usually don't say anything at all.  However, this book was so bad I can't help it. 

Why did I even read one word of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith?  For the book club that I recently joined.  The women seem nice and almost everyone reads the book. And that this month's book club was the last book club event until fall. 

Thankfully, I got this book from the library and read it on my Kindle.  If I had paid even one penny for it, I would have lobbied to get my money back.  Grahame-Smith's book was almost campy in it's badness.  Characters were more like caricatures.  A fourth grader could have predicted the ending.  I was mad at myself for reading it.

What's the worst book you ever read?

3 comments:

Jay-sleazy said...

Can I assume you won't be seeing the movie?

Amy Luca said...

Most recently.. Fifty Shades of Gray. I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I am kicking myself that I wasted my time reading it! Thanks for sharing Amina! I will avoid this book! Love your blog!!

Amina Hafiz Sarraf said...

Jay, that would be one correct assumption.

Amy, I read the first chapter of Fifty Shades of Grey free on Amazon and when I was done, I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a pen. Glad you get a kick out of my blog, you are 10% of my readers :)