Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November Writing

I semi-seriously considered participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), where writers pen a novel in one month.

The idea is interesting but speed writing doesn’t appeal to me that much. I’m more of a muller. I have to have various ideas kick around for a bit before I put pencil to paper.

NaNoWriMo did bring to my attention that I haven’t been very consistent with my 2009 Commandment #4: Write three times a week, even if it’s only a little.

I decided to be inspired by the event (even though I’m not participating in it). This month is busy – but so are all of the other months.

My November Goal is to write for 15 minutes every day.

On Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I wrote in the morning when the house was still quiet. I’m just writing down whatever comes out – not trying to stick to a theme or any specific idea. Just letting my pencil move across the paper.

No comments: