Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Splurge

That's right. I had to cut a few coupons to save up.

A few weeks ago at the Farmer's Market I bought some handmade hippie soap - it smells so good! And, yes, I bought it from a real, live hippie. The soap is grainy, which I like. It's almost too grainy, which I didn't think was possible. It has a good, clean smell (rosemary and peppermint) and as I've been using it the smell has gotten stronger, not fading, which is what usually happens.

Usually when I want a pick-me-up I buy flowers, which are cheerful. I also love to have flowers at work because I love color. Also, my office is windowless and I love to stare at something alive. The flowers only last a week, max.

I didn't realize how much I would enjoy the hippie soap - not to say that I enjoy it more than the flowers (I'm a fool for blooms) but I'm enjoying it for a lot longer.

No comments: