Sunday, May 10, 2009

Commandment #8: Create a schedule that works for me

This commandment has the potential to impact my daily life for the better. I really like having a schedule, knowing what I have to do and that it's going to get done.

I love routine and "the usual" but feel stuck in my schedule right now, which is why I'm going to take some action to improve it. Some of it works quite well, like scheduling time for myself every so often (yes, in Outlook, just like all the other events I schedule).

I'm prioritizing all of the things that I need and want to do -- including working out, writing, spending time with My Heart's Desire, seeing my mentees and mentor, family events, cultivating friendships, spiritual activities, chores, and all the other stuff that goes on.

I'm working on creating a schedule that allows me the time, physical and mental energy to do the things mentioned above, as well as give me some flexibility, which my current schedule does not have.

Any suggestions on how to balance work, life, and everything else?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a GREAT effort. Let's discuss:)

Elissa