Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last week, a family friend (who's known me since I was 2) came over on and showed me how to make "gravy" (meaty marinara sauce) from scratch and we assembled a lasagna. It's the old family recipe, handed down to me from the Bronx.

Since I baked the lasagna, My Heart's Desire and I have had it for dinner twice and lunch once. Of course it was fantastic. There's still one piece left. And we also have some leftover gravy in the freezer, which we will enjoy soon.

My Heart's Desire and I talked about how we entertain a lot, especially in the summer, when we can use the deck and outside and she suggested such delights as Lemonade Pie, Strawberry Jell-O Cake, and Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. Now I can't wait for summer!

But after all of that talk of food and cooking and desserts, I keep thinking about yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

The second Wednesday in February I am going to a potluck and already know what I'm going to bake and frost.

1 comment:

Squigglz said...

I should take a cue...I rode my bike to work for yoga this morning, and got out of the shower (at work) only to realize that I would be wearing my sports bra all day today. Oh yeah, and I did this last time I came for yoga at work (before Christmas.