Wednesday, January 14, 2009

He takes the cake

For the past few days, My Heart's Desire claimed he had some type of surprise for me, but I was very skeptical. Last night I came home around 10pm, tired from my long day. Imagine my surprise when I came home and our house was not only warm but also smelled really good.

"Did you make cookies?" I asked. He only laughed.

I went upstairs and found a perfect yellow cake, already cool and ready for frosting. We frosted it with milk chocolate frosting (the really good kind) and each had a piece.

I was so touched that he baked for me. Other than grilling (which he's terrific at), My Heart's Desire's culinary exploits are usually limited to boiling hot dogs and microwaving Hot Pockets.



The yellow cake with chocolate frosting was exactly what I wanted. And it was yummy!

No comments: