Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Spirit

The holidays are here! I have plenty of holiday spirit to go around. I'm trying to convince My Heart's Desire we should buy a tree this week (Boy Scout troops are selling them near our house) and start putting up our decorations. And I bought a Christmas stocking that should arrive this week. And, of course, "Joy to the World 2008," my holiday mix is finished.

I'm hostessing a second annual holiday potluck brunch for some of my favorite girls next weekend, which was one of my favorite holiday events last year. It's easy and fun, people always offer to help clean up, and there's no drama or stress. All I do is: put out extra towels in the bathroom, bring up the extra table from the basement, make a fire (okay, I ask My Heart's Desire to do it), make coffee in my party-size coffee pot, bake something easy, and spend time with my guests, most of whom know each other. It's lovely.

No comments: