Monday, October 13, 2008

A pathetic sandwich

Three mornings a week I send My Heart's Desire to work with a lunch bag, sometimes leftovers, sometimes a Lean Cuisine, usually a sandwich, piece of fruit, and bag of chips. Most of the time I make lunches the night before, but today I made both our lunches in the morning.

I got two calls and an IM from My Heart's Desire around lunchtime where he complained that the sandwich I made him was pathetic. Between the slices of rye bread were just two measly pieces of cheese and a little ranch dressing. Evidently I took the meat out of the fridge and forgot to put it in the sandwich.

He wondered if I was mad at him or just being a jerk for some reason. Nope, just neglected the meat. I offered to send a pizza to his office but he declined. Then came home very grumpy and hungry. I put out wheat thins and cheese to take the edge off his grouchiness. It kind of worked.

CORRECTION: My Heart's Desire claims they were two "paper-thin" slices of cheese.

No comments: