Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hippie Girl Update

This hippie girl dries almost everything on a clothesline on the porch (also 'cuz I'm a thrifty girl). And I bring my sandwiches to work wrapped in cloth napkins; I got some really cute ones from Etsy.

I bought a share of a share of local community supported agriculture and will be having farm-fresh food starting next week.

Last night when I was cold, I put on a sweatshirt and dove beneath a blanket rather than turning up the heat (which was on a balmy 58*). Evidently there's quite a bit of crossover between hippie and thrifty.

I've also been shopping more at My Organic Market. The sampling there on weekends is quite a lovely situation. And I've been trying to encourage My Heart's Desire to like whole grain breads, though so far - hmm, not so much. I like my bread to be as heavy as a bowling ball.

No comments: