Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ranch 50

You know how once in a while you make something so good that you kind of can't believe you made it?  Well, I've been reading The Fat Chance Cookbook and made their ranch dressing.  It was good but My Heart's Desire wanted it ranch-ier.  Then I meant to increases the spices by 50% (hence the name Ranch 50) but I ended up doubling the spices instead.  And it was great.   It's super easy to make and I bet you have all of these ingredients already.

Ranch 50 in front of my crock

Ranch 50 Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup milk + 1/2T white vinegar
1t dried onion
1t dried parsley
1T dijon mustard
1/2t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder

Combine milk and white vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the other ingredients.  When the five minutes are up, whisk in the milk mixture. It tastes best after it sits in the fridge at least overnight.  It will keep for 2 weeks but who are we kidding, it won't last that long.  I'm also trying a version with 2% Fage, will post report.

No comments: