Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Book Thief

For my first meeting with my work book club, they pick was Marcus Zusak's The Book Thief.   I was on the list for it at the library but my name was nowhere near the top and the clock was ticking so I ordered it from Amazon.  I had sort of vaguely heard it was good but wasn't very familiar.  When I opened the package and saw a 500+ page book, I inwardly groaned.

I let it sit around for a few days then picked it up last weekend and gave it a start.  This book takes place in Nazi Germany in 1939 and is narrated by Death.  The more I read, the more I wanted to keep reading.  
The Book Thief
I read the first half of the book in less than two days!  Though the book is long, it reads very fast and the story is both interesting and written beautifully.  It's heartbreaking, emotional, and even funny at times.  I was afraid to reach the end but found it satisfying.  Get your hands on this book!

A

No comments: