Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Big Boy Babyface

In what feels like the blink of an eye but was really two and a half years, Babyface's sleeping arrangements went from this:
Nursery Waits for Baby
to this:
Big Boy Bed with Quilt My Grandma Made
Since Babyface is a little climbing monkey, we had to transition him from a crib to a bed before he climbed out of the crib and hurt himself. My Heart's Desire converted his crib to a toddler bed.  We left the soft bumpers up though he doesn't fall off his cot at daycare.

It's so awesome to see Babyface change and grow and be able to do things like drink from a cup, dance, make little jokes, ask to use the pee potty and take off his PJ's.  At the same time, I've been sad to see Babyface leaving his baby milestones (paci, bottle, one-piece clothes, high chair) behind, one at a time.  I wonder if there is a word for this feeling.  Sort of happy longing? Proud and nostalgic? I'll have to ask my BFF if the Germans have one. 

No comments: