Friday, May 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas

Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Ingredients:
1 package of chicken breast strips
2 onions, sliced
2-3 bell peppers, sliced
1/2 c chicken broth
Seasonings:
1-2 t chili powder
1 t salt
1 t paprika
1 t onion powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t cumin

Put the chicken, onion slices, and bell pepper slices in the slow cooker. Combine the seasonings and pour over everything.  Give it a good stir.  Then add the chicken broth. Put the lid on and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7.  I've always made it on low and it's terrific to have for a weeknight dinner.

When I walk in the door I put rice in the rice cooker and substitute a 1/4 cup or so of salsa for water.
I serve the chicken fajitas with tortillas, guacamole, beans (black or refried), salsa and sour cream.  When I am feeling fancy, I squeeze a lime on top right before serving.  The leftovers are also great, I sometimes make them into a salad.

No comments: