Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thrifty Girl Report – June

Local Produce
I bought a half share of a local community supported agriculture and pick up a box of farm-fresh produce every week. The local produce is good and I love summer fruits, so I’ve been happy with it so far. The half share is the right size for My Heart’s Desire. This week I got sweet corn, peaches, blackberries, tomatoes, and sugar snap peas.

Cards & Coupons
I’ve been using shopper’s cards without exception. They really do help me save money! And at the lunch place near my office, I picked up the buy 10 get 1 free lunch card (7 to go!). I also signed up for deals for restaurants I frequent and use the coupons they send.

Let’s Meet For Coffee
I’ve been suggesting meeting friends for coffee instead of meals to save a little money. Instead of buying a meal, I get an iced tea and still have a good time.

What does Consumer Reports Say?
My Heart’s Desire and I both like Consumer Reports. Because of it, we have changed our toothpaste, laundry soap, and more. It’s a great resource for helping us save.

No comments: