Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Commandment #1: Everything counts

There's a reason this commandment is number one. It's really a challenge for me to think this way, especially when it comes to workouts.

Despite my not really being a morning person, the am is the only time I go to the gym during the week. If I don't go in the morning, I don't go. So if I don't get up when my alarm goes off, and keep hitting snooze, I'll think, "I only have 20 minutes to go to the gym - then why bother?"

Now I'm bothering. No, I don't get a full workout in but what I do accomplish, other than a little cardio, is the feeling that going is worth it. And that I feel better when I look at the week and know I went to the gym regularly, even if once was just a brief visit. It also helps establish the habit of getting up and going to the gym. Even though I just did a little workout, everything counts.

No comments: