Sunday, February 15, 2009

Commandment #3: Prepare

This commandment requires thinking ahead and considering what I might need in the future. Some of these things are a lot easier to do than others.

A short list of things for which #3 is doing great:
• Keeping $20 cash handy
• Extra umbrella [actually, I'm on my second one because I lent my last extra umbrella to a friend and haven't gotten it back]
• Emergency sunglasses
• Spare workout clothes, shoes + trashy magazine in car at all times
• Spare winter hat
• Buying lots of cards at once so I don't have to scramble
• Spare granola bar [at work and in the car]
• Small bottle of Advil

Other #3's that I am working on include:
• Getting ready for the day the night before
• Having plenty of healthy snacks handy
• Setting up ticklers in my calendar to remind me to do stuff
• Establishing a schedule (see #8)
• Thinking ahead for possible outcomes
• Adding ten minutes to however long I think it's going to take to get somewhere
• Keeping something to read with me in case I need to wait

No comments: